Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Picnic Info - May 26 @ Gilbert Park

The following message is from Mike Ferconio:

Parents,

There seems to be a bit of confusion about tomorrow. As you might have heard from your 8th-grade son/daughter, I am assisting my son Frankie throw a "old fashioned picnic" at Gilbert Park for the entire 8th grade tomorrow. I reserved the pavilion at Gilbert Park from 1:00 till 5:00 for the kids to hang out. Please know that this is not a school-sponsored event--just something for the kids to do while most other kids are still in school.

I really appreciate the offers to bring stuff. However, the plan is to cook some hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken breasts (which I already bought at Costco) and throw them in a large tin foil trays for the kids to pick on while they hang out at the park. There will also be plenty of chips, cookies, etc. Hopefully, our HS bound kinds won't eat too much junk food.

My role is to make sure there is "appropriate behavior" and the boys don't get too rough with each other. I will stay there till the last person is picked up, even if some stick around after 5:00 to watch the baseball game, etc. Again, the plan is for the kids to spend some time hanging out together before the go different directions.

Please pass this on as I don't have most of the email addresses.

My cell is 630-640-4600 should you need to reach me.

Mike Ferconio